Rule of Thumb Regarding Mortgages:
Inquire and Get the Facts
There's definitely been an upswing seen in the local Chicagoland housing market, as well as many other markets across the U.S. All good news.
But the positive that's spoken loudest to me as a Mortgage Lender has been the "shape" and level of "approvability" of many of my most recent mortgage applicants. Many have been better off than they initially thought and represented themselves as.
What do I mean by this?
Simply put, during their mortgage search ... and throughout their actual mortgage process, they've found:
- They were in a better financial position to obtain a mortgage than they'd believed previous to our talking
- They've been pleasantly surprised at the number of mortgage program choices available to them
- The Interest Rates attached to their mortgage program choices have been very favorable
My experiences during this time period were confirmed as I read an article on themreport.com today. Freddie Mac and RealtyTrac have been noting much the same thing as I have.
Subsequently, both have stressed the importance of potential Buyers and Borrowers taking the time to inquire about their financing options and capabilities. Presently, too many potentially successful Buyers and Borrowers are making assumptions that are unfounded and untrue. And its keeping them from taking action.
This is an issue I've raised in my own previous posts. These assumptions are continuing to cause un-needed continued financial hardships ... or stopping too many from considering a housing move.
My rule of thumb is simple. Should you hope to:
- Become a First-Time Homebuyer
- Sell your present home and Buy a new home
- Discover if you could be saving money on your present Mortgage
- Have a HELOC coming due soon
- Have other questions regarding Mortgage financing
Contact me. Ask questions! Get the facts as they pertain to your personal finances and financing options. Quit assuming you know the answers or outcome ...
Fact is, you may have more and better options available to you then you think ...
* Hoping to Buy, Build, or Refinance a home in New Lenox, Will County, or the Greater Chicagoland area? Contact me today. I'll put my 37 years of Mortgage experience and expertise hard to work on your behalf.
I can be easily found at:
Gene Mundt, Mortgage Lender, a Lender with 37 years of mortgage experience, will offer you exemplary mortgage service and advice when seeking: Conventional, FHA, VA, Jumbo, USDA, and Portfolio Loans in Chicago and the greater Chicagoland region, including:
The Lincoln-Way Area, Will County, (New Lenox, Frankfort, Mokena, Manhattan, Joliet, Shorewood, Crest Hill, Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Naperville, etc.), DuPage County, the City of Chicago, Cook County, and elsewhere within IL.
Your Referrals are Greatly Appreciated!