Mokena School District 159 Students
Head Back to Class:
School Year 2017 - 2018
School will soon be back in session for children attending Mokena School District 159 schools ... (the Mokena Meteors) … “Where Children are the First Priority” …
The first day of the 2017-2018 school year is slated for August 23, 2017. (For a full school year/downloadable calendar, click HERE.)
The schools within Mokena School District 159 are:
If you have children and are considering a move into Mokena School District 159: Mokena School District 159 provides many handy resources to assist you during your decision-making and move. The School District’s boundary map can be viewed HERE.
Registration of students new to Mokena School District 159:
- Pick-up a Registration File at the District office located at 11244 Willowcrest Lane, Mokena.
- Complete the Registration
- Return the registration file to the District office
A minimum of 4 documents are required to register your student(s). Student(s) will not be registered without submission of all documents listed below:
- Residency document with 3 proofs of address within Mokena SD 159 boundaries
- New Student Pre-Enrollment form
- Birth Certificate (Original; A copy will be made for student file)
- Request for Records (Not required for Kindergarten, unless special education services were provided prior to enrollment)
Online Registration for current students of Mokena School District 159 can easily be conducted by clicking HERE.
Info regarding Schools Fees for 2017-2018 can easily found HERE. Please note that an additional payment of Extra-Curricular Fees, Technology Fees, Transportation Fees, etc. may be needed for your child for the upcoming school year.
A Handbook for Mokena School District 159, school year 2017-2018, can be downloaded HERE. The new school year’s Student Booklet is available by clicking HERE. Each will help you acquaint yourself with the many services and features of Mokena School District 159.
School Supply lists for Mokena School District Schools -2017-2018 can be found at:
- Early Childhood
- Early Start
- 1st Grade
- 2nd Grade
- 3rd Grade
- 4th Grade
- 5th Grade
- ALL Jr. High Grades
Additional info to know if your child will be attending a school within Mokena School District 159:
- Mokena School District 159 utilizes "Virtual Backpack" as their communication system with parents, the community, and businesses.
- Nutritional school lunches are available through the cafeterias in Mokena School District 159 schools. Info regarding lunches, nutritional facts, methods for lunch payment, and more can be found HERE.
- Links to info/options to make payment for Prepaid Lunches, Registration, and Transportation can be found at: Mokena School District 159 Web Store.
- Should your child be in need of a School Physical, please utilize the info and forms at: Schools Physicals, Immunizations, Exams
- To participate in Mokena School District 159 (Jr. High) sports: Parents and children are required to read and fill-out the form within the MJHS Athletics Registration Packet 2017-2018.
- The MJHS Athletics Tryout Packet 2017-2018 can be found HERE.
- Info and sports medical/health forms can be found HERE.
- Music/Band/Choir are all available through Mokena School District 159. Valuable information for parents with children interested in pursuing their musical interests can be found HERE.
- Emergency Schools Closing Info and Procedures can be found HERE.
Parents can receive important updates for the upcoming school year 2017-2018 via their email by signing up for the NotifyMe© service. It’s easy to do. Just click HERE.
For further info and assistance regarding your child's attendance at Mokena School District 159, contact or visit:
District Office: 708.342.4900
Main office: 11244 Willowcrest Lane, Mokena, IL
Hope you and your children have a very successful and fun year participating in Mokena School District 159 schools ...
Buying or Refinancing a home in Mokena, Will County, or elsewhere in the Chicagoland region? Contact me today! I'll put my 40 years of mortgage experience and expertise hard to work on your behalf!
I can be easily found at:
Mortgage Originator - NMLS #216987 - IL Lic. 031.0006220 – WI Lic. #216987
American Portfolio Mortgage Corp.
Gene Mundt, Mortgage Lender, a Lender with 40 years of mortgage experience, will offer you exemplary mortgage service and advice when seeking: Conventional, FHA, VA, Jumbo, USDA, and Portfolio Loans in Chicago and the greater Chicagoland region, including:
The Lincoln-Way Area, Will County, (New Lenox, Frankfort, Mokena, Manhattan, Joliet, Shorewood, Crest Hill, Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Naperville, etc.), DuPage County, the City of Chicago, Cook County, and elsewhere within IL and WI.
Your Referrals are Greatly Appreciated!