Help Make the Upcoming Holiday Season Brighter for our Troops!
Decorate/Donate a Holiday Stocking at The Oaks Recreation
& Fitness Center in Mokena, IL on November 11th
Bright lights, holiday decorations, warm homes, glowing fireplaces, wonderful foods, refreshments, loving family, good friends. They are all things typically associated with the holiday season ... a holiday season that's quickly approaching.
But what if you're in the military and overseas? All those wonderful things can seem pretty far away. You can seem forgotten.
To prevent that from happening, the Mokena Park District and The Oaks Recreation & Fitness Center is working hard towards making this 2012 Holiday Season as memorable as possible for all our troops ... and YOU can help!
Donations are needed!
The Mokena Park District and The Oaks Recreation & Fitness Center are now accepting donations at the Mokena Park District Office, located at: . All donated items will fill the holiday stockings being made and heading to our troops through .
Needed donations include:
Fabric and Craft Items, Old Christmas Cards
- Nuts, Trail Mix, Sunflower Seeds, Protein Bars, Dried fruit, Fruit snacks
- Sunglasses/Safety Glasses
- Jerky, Slim Jims, Sausages
- Ground Coffee (Singles to Lg. Cans), Hot cider & hot chocolate packets
- Pre-Sweetened Kool-aid or Gatorade packs
- Shampoo, Bars of Soap, Wet-Wipes, Conditioner, Hair & ChapStik
- Deodorant, Nail Clippers, Small Packs of Kleenex, Tylenol, Multi-Vitamins
- Sunblock, Mosquito Repellant
- Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Floss, Small bottles of mouthwash
- Shoe insoles (gel & odor eater)
- Ziplock Bags (all sizes)
- Cup-0f-Soup, Ramon Noodles, Dinty Moore, E-Z Mac & Cheese, Canned Tuna, Canned Chicken
- Pre-packaged cookies, Instant and Boxed cereals
- Popcorn, Small boxes of crackers
- Peanut Butter & Jellies (no glass containers, please)
- Chews, Gum
- Foot powder, Anti-fungal cream
- Hand & Foot warmers, Warm Gloves, Men's work & crew socks
- Playing Cards & Card Games (UNO, Skip Bo, Yahtzee, Etc.)
Additional items needed by "Operation Care Page" are listed on their website:
Additional information regarding the
Mokena Park District, The Oaks Recreation & Fitness Center, etc. may be found on their respective websites/links.
Holiday Stockings will be made from the donated fabric and craft items, then filled with donated items for our brave troops.
YOU can help make Holiday Stockings at The Oaks Recreation & Fitness Center on November 11th, between the hoursof 11 am to 2 pm. All participants can write and include a note to a serviceperson within their stocking.
If you cannot attend that day, please think about donating to this timely and wonderful cause anyway.
Help Make the Upcoming Holiday Season Brighter for our Troops! Take part by Decorating/Donating a Holiday Stocking at The Oaks Recreation & Fitness Center in Mokena, IL on November 11th ...
* If you are hoping to buy a home within the Mokena Park District, Will County, or surrounding Chicagoland region ... please ! I'll answer all your credit and financing questions and put my 35+ years of mortgage experience and expertise to work on your behalf.
I can be found through any of the following: