Protect Yourself with a Chicagoland
Winter Driving Emergency Kit
Did you hear the Chicagoland weather report last night? The weatherperson I was watching actually mentioned the word "snow" in their report.
Okay, maybe it was just a very small chance of it occurring in our area. But there that word was. Snow.
Fact is though, from now until the warm weather of Spring arrives once again, cold frigid temperatures, blustery winds, and snow are a very real possibility here in Chicagoland. The rain you're driving in right now? It could turn to sleet, ice, and snow at any point. And it could be hiding some very real dangers for you within it.
Are you prepared to drive in our quickly-changing Chicagoland weather? To survive in your car should you have car problems, get stuck in the snow, or worse ... suffer an accident?
Below you'll find a list of items that will help you address the very real possibilities and dangers of driving in Chicagoland's winter weather. Each item on the list should be kept in your vehicle at all times. Go pack and store them in your vehicle now. That way you'll be fully-prepared if you get stranded or face an emergency.
Collect and store the below items in your vehicle:
- A stocked first aid kit
- Keep a mobile phone & charger available and serviceable
- Flashlights with extra batteries
- Blanket(s) or sleeping bag(s)
- Mittens, socks, and warm caps
- A small sack of sand or kitty litter for generating traction under stuck tires. It serves to add weight to your vehicle also.
- A small shovel.
- Bottled water (Remember to allow room for freezing within your container)
- Booster cables
- Signaling devices such as flares or flashing lights/mirrors
- Non-perishable munchies
- Books, etc. to amuse kids, should they be traveling with you
- Insurance Information for Vehicle
Information for driver/passengers, especially if there are
specific health concerns/medications involved.
Make sure to carry your emergency kit items in a bag. Then store and secure the bag inside your vehicle. That way it's available to you quickly and easily if and when you need it. (If kept in the trunk, you may not be able to access it after an accident.)
Nobody wants to believe that the "unthinkable" will occur. But in the event that it does, it's best to be fully-prepared. Protect Yourself with a Chicagoland Winter Driving Emergency Kit.
Drive safely ...
* Hoping to Buy or Refinance a Home in Chicagoland?
Contact me today! I'll put my 36 years of mortgage experience and expertise hard to work on your behalf.
I can be easily found at:
Click HERE for your FREE Mortgage Consultation!
Ready to Apply for your Mortgage?