5 Dog Parks Located Within
Will County Forest Preserves
If you're a dog lover and live in or near Will County, IL, you'll soon have a new dog park to enjoy. The Will County Forest Preserve is opening its 5th dog park on Saturday, July 19th.
The newest Will County Forest Preserve dog park, located
at the Lower Rock Run Preserve - McClintock Road Access (northeast corner of Rte. 6 and McClintock Rd.), is 7.5 acres and features:
- Accessible Picnic Area
- Drinking Fountain
- Mowed Path encircling dog park
This dog park offers 3 fenced areas, each containing 2.5 acres for your dogs to roam and play in. One fenced-in area is specifically for smaller dogs, 35 pounds and under.
Each of the 3 separate fenced-in areas at the Will County Forest Preserve's Lower Rock Run Preserve - McClintock Road dog park contains:
- Limestone Screening
- Paved Area
- Small Shelter
Permits are required to use the Lower Rock Run Preserve - McClintock Road Access dog park, as well as the other 4 dog parks located within Will County Forest Preserves. The other Preserve dog parks are found at:
- Forked Creek Preserve - Ballou Road Access, Wilmington
- Hammer Woods - DuPage River Access
- Whalon Lake in Naperville
- Messenger Marsh - Homer Glen
Dog Owners must present rabies tag information, including number and expiration date, in order to purchase a permit and utilize any Will County Forest Preserve dog park. Each dog owner can register up to 3 dogs for permit.
Pricing for Will County dog permits is based upon:
- Number of dogs being registered for permits (For pricing info, click HERE)
- Residence status of dog owner/applicant. Will County residents receive special pricing.
- Seniors receive a discounted pricing (65 yrs. and older)
To download a Dog Park Permit Application, click HERE. Completed permit applications and fee should be mailed to: Sugar Creek Administration Center, 17540 W. Laraway Rd., Joliet, IL.
Special Events are held year-round at Will County Forest Preserve dog parks. To learn more about these events, click HERE ... and enjoy!
* Hoping to Buy, Construct, or Refinance a home within Will County, IL? Contact Me now! I'll put my 37 years of Mortgage experience and expertise hard to work on your behalf.
I can be easily found at:
Click HERE for a FREE Mortgage Consultation!
Gene Mundt, Mortgage Lender, a Lender with 36 years of mortgage experience, will offer you exemplary mortgage service and advice when seeking: Conventional, FHA, VA, Jumbo, USDA, and Portfolio Loans in Chicago and the greater Chicagoland region, including: The Lincoln-Way Area, Will County, (New Lenox, Frankfort, Mokena, Manhattan, Joliet, Shorewood, Crest Hill, Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Naperville, etc.), DuPage County, the City of Chicago, Cook County, and elsewhere within IL.