Mortgages: Why All Those Questions Are Important


Mortgages: Why All Those Questions 
Are Important    


     My 5-year-old grandson, Henry, is the most inquisitive kid I've ever run across.  At times, Henry's little mind comes up with questions faster than his lips can spit 'em out.  

     Henry constantly peppers me with questions when we're together.  And let me tell you, his "Pop Pop" loves every minute of it.  Asking questions is a great way for him to learn.


     Many of my mortgage clients are much the same.  Especially when they're first-time home buyers.


     Most borrowers want to know:  

  • Can I get approved for a loan?
  • What info will you need from me? 
  • How much home can I buy?
  • How much money can I borrow?
  • What kind of down payment do I need?
  • How soon can I buy?
  • What will my monthly mortgage payment be?
  • and more ...

     I think asking questions is good and it's a great way for them to learn ... just as it is with my grandson.


     Today's Mortgage Process ... should start with a conversation and should include your thoughts, plans, and hopes as you enter your home buying process.  And that conversation should also include LOTS and LOTS of questions.  A real exchange and volley of them.  

   
     During that initial conversation (often to the dismay of many potential buyers), questioning should go both ways.  

     Fact is, I'll probably end-up asking you just as many questions as you ask me.  


      Why?  First, it's the nature of home lending today.  Lenders are required to have a lot of info, backed-up by proof in the form of documentation.  As a result, I must know you and your complete financial/credit position inside out.  


     And how do I accomplish that?  By asking questions!  


     It's a Fact:  These days, buyers (or those refinancing) must expect and be prepared for questions from their Loan Officer and their Underwriters.  And be willing to answer them fully.  

  
     It's also True:  The more questions I ask you upfront or early in the process, the more clearly and thoroughly I know and understand your needs, personal background, credit, and finances.

     That means I can help and guide you better throughout your entire mortgage process.  It also means I can proactively address many issues that might come up during underwriting.


     So all those questions?  I know often they're not portrayed as such ... but they actually are a positive thing.  


     Preparation is key ... to the success you'll find when applying for your mortgage.  Preparing for the questions ahead of time helps you move through them more quickly and easily.  


     To prepare yourself and get a jump-start on your mortgage Pre-Approval and/or application, click HERE.  You'll find my handy list of the info/documentation typically needed at that time.  If you start gathering the info now it'll prove very beneficial when we speak. 


     Bottomline:  Don't fear hearing or asking questions. Bring 'em on!  





     *  Hoping to Buy or Refinance a home in New Lenox, Will County, or elsewhere in the greater Chicagoland area?  Contact Me today!  I'll be happy to hear from you and put my 40+ years of mortgage experience and expertise hard to work on your behalf.

     I'm easily found at:


Gene Mundt
Mortgage Lender  -  NMLS #216987  -  IL Lic. #0006220  -  WI Licensed

American Portfolio Mortgage Corp.
NMLS #175656

Direct:  815.524.2280
Cell/Text:  708.921.6331
eFax:  815.524.2281


You're Invited to Follow Me at:

 Twitter Account of Gene Mundt, Mortgage Lender   LinkedIn Account of Gene Mundt, Mortgage Lender   Facebook Acct. of Gene Mundt, Mortgage Lender   Pinterest Acct. of Gene Mundt, Mortgage Lender   
 Trulia Acct. of Gene Mundt, Mortgage Lender    Gene's Chicagoland Blog/Gene Mundt, Mortgage Lender 

Gene Mundt, Mortgage Originator, an Originator with 40+ years of mortgage experience, will offer you exemplary mortgage service and advice when seeking:  Conventional, FHA, VA, Jumbo, USDA, and Portfolio Loans in Chicago and the greater Chicagoland region, including:  The Lincoln-Way Area, Will County, (New Lenox, Frankfort, Mokena, Manhattan, Joliet, Shorewood, Crest Hill, Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Naperville, etc.), DuPage County, the City of Chicago, Cook County, and elsewhere within IL & WI.  

Your Referrals are Greatly Appreciated!





     

       

     
     

     
     

     

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my post!

Procrastination Does Not Pay When You Hope to Finance a Home

  Procrastination Does Not Pay When  You Hope to Finance a Home   “If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off d...