Being an Active Competitive Person can Benefit
You When Buying and Financing a Home
Those personality traits can make you a great candidate when securing mortgage financing and buying a home ...
In many housing markets, the competition for homes is fierce. The current limited housing supply means that the quality, well-priced homes move quickly. Sometimes at above-listing prices.
That means: Today's homebuyers need to be fully-prepared to act when they find the home of their dreams. It also means they need to be committed to actively participating in their mortgage process, from the earliest stages through to Closing.
Simply put: Competitive, actively-participant personalities are tailor-made for buying and financing a home today.
Those hoping to buy a home in today's competitive market can't sit on the bench or sidelines hoping someone else on their homebuying/financing "team" will carry their load ...
So how do hopeful homebuyers go about preparing themselves for the competition of buying a home ... and embrace the active participation level needed for successful financing in today's markets?
Consider this: No competitor would ever think of running a race without training ahead of time. Preparation ... the right gear for the race ... the right attitude ... it's all vitally important. And the sooner that preparation and commitment starts, the better.
That same mindset should apply for:
Anyone buying a home or seeking a mortgage ...
Here's some suggestions, should you hope to be competitive and successful with your homebuying and financing:
Preparing - Training:
- Find a Mortgage Lender immediately upon deciding you hope to buy.
- Don't wait to seek out your Lender or real estate professional until the time you start a home search or actually need financing.
- Get educated about your credit/credit standing
- Have your Lender run your Credit Report so you're thoroughly educated regarding your credit scores and outstanding debt ... and take action to improve them, should it be necessary
- Ask questions. Obtain answers from your Lender and Agent
- Start a list of "Wants" and "Must-Haves" for your home search. Establish a pecking order of importance
- Maintain good financial records and documentation prior to your Mortgage Pre-Qualification and throughout the Mortgage process. Doing so will give you a great edge at the time of your Mortgage Application and during the processing of your loan
- Go HERE for a list of documents typically needed for Mortgage Application
- Stay in touch and respond quickly to communications from your Lender and Agent while conducting your home search and financing process
- React promptly to their requests for info and documentation
Fact: The better you're prepared for your homebuying and mortgage financing, the more competitively and quickly you can act when making an offer on a home. You'll also move more easily, quickly, and successfully through your Mortgage process.
Put your competitive nature to good use throughout your entire homebuying experience. Actively participate in the processes fully. You'll be glad you did ...
* Hoping to Buy or Refinance a home in the Chicagoland area? Contact me! I'll put my 37 years of mortgage experience and expertise hard to work on your behalf.
I can be easily found at:
Gene Mundt, Mortgage Lender, a Lender with 37 years of mortgage experience, will offer you exemplary mortgage service and advice when seeking: Conventional, FHA, VA, Jumbo, USDA, and Portfolio Loans in Chicago and the greater Chicagoland region, including:
The Lincoln-Way Area, Will County, (New Lenox, Frankfort, Mokena, Manhattan, Joliet, Shorewood, Crest Hill, Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Naperville, etc.), DuPage County, the City of Chicago, Cook County, and with IL.
Referrals are Greatly Appreciated!